In the paper...
From the Chicago Sun-Times (op ed page):
A MESSAGE FROM THE PTA TO THE CITIZENS OF CHICAGO
To: the citizens of the greatest city on Earth, Chicago
From: Roger Eden, City Director of the Parahuman Tactics and Aggression Squad
As you have seen in recent days, despite all our efforts over the last years, Chicago has been targeted as the epicenter of a new appearance of "supers." In the last week, our streets have been assaulted, our skies polluted, and our safety stripped from us by those with fantastic powers. Some are bent on personal gain. Some on power. Some, I'm sure, truly believe we need their help. I don't care what their motivation is. My job is to stop them. My salary and those of my team are paid by your money. Our authority derives from the mandate you provided the Mayor, the Governor, and the President after the shambles our world became, and the near tragedy of 2005. I know all too well the consequences of unchecked use of power, whether with evil intent or good.
We have tough times ahead of us. To stop this new threat I and my PTA might well have to lock down whole areas of our city. I may have to divert traffic from certain streets, to close down certain events, to detain citizens and imprison others. I know you believe in my mission as I do. I know I can make Chicago safe again. I promise I will not shy away from this important duty, no matter how many liberal toes have to be stomped to reach those goals. I hope you will bear with us in these trying times, and keep your eyes firmly on the prize of our actions -- a safe and free Chicago. When we fight the parahumans, when my officers and I sweat and toil, and yes, even sacrifice and die, we do it for you. We do it for each child of Chicago and of America, in the hopes that they will have a neighborhood, a home, and a homeland to love tomorrow, next year, and when they grow and have their own children.
Roger Eden
PTA Director, Chicago
A MESSAGE FROM THE PTA TO THE CITIZENS OF CHICAGO
To: the citizens of the greatest city on Earth, Chicago
From: Roger Eden, City Director of the Parahuman Tactics and Aggression Squad
As you have seen in recent days, despite all our efforts over the last years, Chicago has been targeted as the epicenter of a new appearance of "supers." In the last week, our streets have been assaulted, our skies polluted, and our safety stripped from us by those with fantastic powers. Some are bent on personal gain. Some on power. Some, I'm sure, truly believe we need their help. I don't care what their motivation is. My job is to stop them. My salary and those of my team are paid by your money. Our authority derives from the mandate you provided the Mayor, the Governor, and the President after the shambles our world became, and the near tragedy of 2005. I know all too well the consequences of unchecked use of power, whether with evil intent or good.We have tough times ahead of us. To stop this new threat I and my PTA might well have to lock down whole areas of our city. I may have to divert traffic from certain streets, to close down certain events, to detain citizens and imprison others. I know you believe in my mission as I do. I know I can make Chicago safe again. I promise I will not shy away from this important duty, no matter how many liberal toes have to be stomped to reach those goals. I hope you will bear with us in these trying times, and keep your eyes firmly on the prize of our actions -- a safe and free Chicago. When we fight the parahumans, when my officers and I sweat and toil, and yes, even sacrifice and die, we do it for you. We do it for each child of Chicago and of America, in the hopes that they will have a neighborhood, a home, and a homeland to love tomorrow, next year, and when they grow and have their own children.
Roger Eden
PTA Director, Chicago















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home